Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How can I take football game film from a dvd and get it into imovie to make a highlight reel?

I have used handbrake to get the video off the dvd but I can't figure out how to put it into imovie because it won't accept the file.How can I take football game film from a dvd and get it into imovie to make a highlight reel?
The makers of handbreak reccomend you don't. See attached link.





Alternatively





Your best bet would be to rip the DVD using Handbrake to a .mp4 file (MPEG-4 encoding) at 100% quality. Then import into iMovie and go for your life. The initial Handbrake rip will be huge but the quality will be the same as the DVD - MPEG-4 at ~8mbps. I haven't tried a 100% quality rip to .mp4 with H.264 encoding but if you've got a decent machine you could give it a try. MPEG-4 works for me though.How can I take football game film from a dvd and get it into imovie to make a highlight reel?
Because iMovie only support supported MPEG-2/MPEG-4/Quick Time Movie/AVCHD/DV and HDV(High Definition Video). So I think you can use DVD to iMovie Converter, it can import dvd into imovie.





Hope it can help you.





Good luck!
There are two solutions to do.


1.use this dvd ripper to convert your dvd directly to mov format or mp4 format.


http://www.applemacvideo.com/mac-dvd-rip鈥?/a>


2.you can use this video converter for mac to convert your .mpeg4 to mp4 or .mov ,which are widely accepted by imovie.


http://www.applemacvideo.com/mac-video-c鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment